Find information and tools to help you initiate or enhance programs
Connect with peers and experts to get your questions answered
Share your experience and expertise with the community
Does anyone know of smaller utilities that use of inverted rates to promote energy efficiency? Berea (KY) Municipal Utility is considering and would like examples? Thanks.
Thanks for your question.
We don't see enough resources out there highlighting those smaller utilities that are using rate structures to promote energy efficiency, but I did do a little digging and found that the following utilities use an inverted rate structure:
• City of Gallup, New Mexico
• City of Longmont, Colorado
• Pinal County, Electrical District No. 3, Arizona
• Village of Swanton, Vermont
• Burlington Electric Department
• Okanogan County PUD, Washington
Talking to the folks from these utilities might be a good place for Berea to start!